Frozen Friday: Ice Cream Cupcakes
We're in for a long, hot summer. So to stave off heat stroke, we're bringing you our favorite summer treats each week as part of Frozen Friday, giving you the scoop on our favorite ice-cold recipes and party ideas to help you stay cool all summer long.
Summertime comes with a lot of distinct pairings: burger + grill, bonfire + s'mores, pools + pitchers. It's about time to add another: ice cream + cupcakes, naturally. The ice cream cupcake is more than an innovative mash-up. It's a little bit of blended genius, from the soft cake to the dreamy ice cream. Here are five decadent ways to have it all.
1. Almond Joy Ice Cream Cupcake: Named for the nutty candy bar that inspired it, this brownie-like cake includes hot fudge drizzled over frozen coconut cream. Need we say more? (pictured above)
2. Snickers Ice Cream Cupcakes: The candy bar makes its grand entrance inside and out, with Snickers bites frozen inside the filling of peanut butter ice cream, and a slivered garnish on the caramel whipped cream.
3. White Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cupcake: Strawberry shortcake is reinvented as grab-and-go cupcakes, with homemade strawberry ice cream inside a white chocolate muffin.
4. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Ice Cream Cupcakes: There are plenty of ways to mix and match this allergen-free cupcake: Choose whichever ice cream and whipped cream substitutes you fancy, melting in a layer of chocolate to bind the crumbly cake base.
5. Black Raspberry and Lemon Crush Ice Cream Cupcakes: This cupcake is a close cousin to the ice cream sandwich, though a tuft of marshmallow creme sets it apart. Swap in any favorite fruit ice cream to balance the lemony cake. As a bonus, the miniature size that means it's ok to have