The Scoop: Bacon Bars and Hazelnut Hiatuses
From a hazelnut hiatus to an all-bacon bar, here's a boiled down list of this week's headlines:
- Nut So Fast: Despite recent rumors of a looming Nutella shortage, manufacturers say the meager hazelnut harvest in Turkey won't affect their output.
- Red, Blue or Bacon: Social media analysts found that a state's bacon or kale preference corresponds with its political leanings.
- Hot Off the Panini Press: The Chicago Tribune reported that nonprofit e.a.t. will convert unused news stands into health food kiosks in four Chicago locations.
- For the Love of Bacon: Canadians may just love bacon more than anyone, and they'll get their fix at Montreal's new all-bacon restaurant.
- How 'Bout Them Apples: According to Target CMO Jeff Jones, the superstore has rolled out an exclusive Caramel Apple Oreo flavor.