Sifted: Cranberry Sauce Ice Cream, Turkey Enchiladas + More
Dig into spicier takes on Thanksgiving leftovers and decadent desserts inspired by your Thanksgiving feast all holiday long.
- For a lot of us, the hoopla of Thanksgiving isn't so much about the turkey or the potatoes or the stuffing. Instead, we come to the table for the tangy, invigorating cranberry sauce. Down even more of this seasonal condiment this year with Cranberry Sauce Ice Cream by A Thought for Food, featuring ruby ribbons of orange-spiked cranberry sauce in scoops of homemade vanilla.
- When the big day has come and gone, use your Thanksgiving bird for a higher purpose than turkey sandwiches. Gimme Some Oven rolls together spicy Turkey Enchiladas that pack the leftover meat in with beans and cheese before shrouding with avocado, onion and cilantro. Extend all your hard work even longer by freezing the enchiladas for future eats.
- Take your punch of caffeine in slice form with a silky Affogato Cake by A Spicy Perspective. By pouring creamy espresso over layers of sponge cake, you achieve a decadence similar to a tres leches cake, but this time with an eye-opening, caffeine-induced twist.
- After carving your turkey on Thursday, don't waste any time before throwing the bones into a pot for a fresh batch of homemade broth. Then give comfort food a new meaning, with Honestly Yum's simmering Turkey Pho (AKA Vietnamese noodle soup), brimming with cilantro, lime, chiles and spices.
- While serving dips as appetizers may ruin your appetite on Thanksgiving, sweet Pumpkin Pie Dip by Averie Cooks is the perfect after-meal treat. Made with pumpkin puree, cream cheese and spice, each bite of this slimmed-down dip is reminiscent of pumpkin pie filling. It's best scooped with gingersnaps, apples and graham crackers — or just a spoon.