Sifted: Gingerbread Baked Doughnuts, Rum Ball Ice Cream + More
December may have just begun, but festive concoctions like Gingerbread Baked Doughnuts, Rum Ball Ice Cream and Pop Rocks Candy Bark should be on tap all month long.
- Just like pumpkin spice trickled its way into all of our baked goods and cloying coffee drinks at the start of October, gingerbread is at your service for the holiday season and beyond. Before you reach for the cookie cutters shaped like little men, make a batch of Edible Perspective's gluten-free, sprinkled-and-spiced Gingerbread Baked Doughnuts instead.
- If your holidays are spent biting into rum ball after rum ball, The Sugar Hit's Rum Ball Ice Cream might just be your idyllic scoop. Studded with rum-soaked raisins and brownie chunks, this ultra-creamy scoop of milk chocolate ice cream is as rich as it gets, and its ice cold temp is excusable no matter how many down parkas you have to pile on to go outside.
- Though candy bark dusted with shards of candy cane remains an iconic holiday treat, Pop Rocks Candy Bark are here to shake up the chocolatey staple. Foodie with Family's recipe is as fizzy and festive as it gets, with strawberry pop rocks bringing a fruity effervescence to its dark chocolate base.
- Would a bagel without a hole in the middle be a bagel at all? Top with Cinnamon proves that all the seasoned flavor of your plush, need-not-be-toasted favorite can arrive in loaf form, too. The sliceable Bagel Bread Loaf is yeasty in all the right ways and cloaked in poppy and sesame seeds. Of course, it's best taken with a whirl of cream cheese.
- Hosting a brunch during the month of December means one thing for dessert: bread pudding. Soaked with a cocoa powder-laced custard and topped with a creamy chocolate icing, Picky Palate's Gooey Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding is the most decadent concoction that day-old bread has ever seen.