Food People Picks: Top 10 On-Hand Spices
With a well-stocked spice cupboard you can add zest and zing to dishes at anytime.
- Ground cumin – a savory spice for burgers, Tex-Mex and Thai dishes
- Ground coriander – used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine
- Cinnamon – a warm spice with many uses, including cinnamon toast
- Curry powder – for authentic Indian cooking
- Fennel seeds – used with savory meats, salads and sometimes chewed raw
- Italian seasoning – a nice blend of spices for pasta sauces and salads
- Dry mustard – brings a nice, sometimes hot, edge to sauces and rubs; has a longer shelf-life than mustard spread
- Paprika – from ground bell peppers, adds color and spice
- Chili powder – don't make chili without it
- Red pepper flakes – a favorite on pizzas and pasta
Minimize weeknight, last-minute fuss with a well-stocked pantry. Here's what to have on-hand.
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.