Pumpkin pie is the iconic holiday go-to dessert. While pie has its place, why not spice things up and give some new pumpkin dessert recipes a try? Here are some tips for baking perfect pumpkin sweets.
Tips for Baking Perfect Pumpkin Desserts:
1. If you're not roasting your own pumpkin, make sure to buy 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
2. Whipped cream is a popular accompaniment to pumpkin desserts; take care to not overwhip the cream, or it will turn to butter. When the cream holds soft peaks, it's ready.
3. When mixing your batter or mousse, fold delicately with a spatula until the ingredients are just combined. Vigorous whisking will result in deflated or tough pumpkin desserts — no thanks!
4. Aromatic spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves pair perfectly with pumpkin. For one-stop shopping, look for "pumpkin pie spice" in your grocery store, which is a blend of all of these.
Great Pumpkin Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Ina Garten’s Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
- Aida’s Pecan Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Zac Young's Spiced Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- Pumpkin Chai Pie Lollipops
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe (if it's pie or bust, this one's the best)
WATCH: Perfect Pumpkin Desserts