Though they taste great slathered with traditional American barbecue sauce, ribs also stand up well to bold Asian flavors. Here are some tips for making rib recipes on the grill.
Tips for Making Asian-Style Ribs
1. Marinate your ribs in a marinade for 2-3 hours to impart flavor and tenderize the meat. Use bold Asian flavors like chili, garlic, scallion, ginger, soy sauce and hoisin sauce in your marinade.
2. Reserve your marinade, put it in a pot and boil it for five minutes, then use as a spicy-sweet glaze for basting during grilling.
3. Use honey in your marinade for sweetness and to help develop caramelized color and flavor.
Great Asian-Style Rib Recipes to Try:
- Ching’s Spicy Soy Ribs
- Bobby’s BBQ Shortribs Recipe
- Ching's Golden Gate Chili Ribs Recipe
- More Great Ribs Recipes
WATCH: Bobby vs. Ching: Asian Ribs