- Total Time:
- Inactive Prep:
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup dried curry leaves*
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon sambar powder*
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida*
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- *Can be found at specialty Asian and Indian markets.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with rice.
Place the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and then add the onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes, until onions are soft and golden. Add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, sambar powder, asafoetida, red chile powder, and turmeric to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, and water and cook until chicken is done, about 8 minutes. Serve the chicken with rice.