For the Chilaquiles
1. Prepare the Roasted Tomato-Chipotle Salsa and keep warm. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a very large skillet, combine 2 to 3 handfuls of chips and 3/4 cup of the salsa
and toss gently until the chips are covered. Add 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of grated cheese and gently stir again. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the mixture is lightly browned and crispy on the edges and soft in the center, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, add more sauce, if necessary, and sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
3. Meanwhile, cook the eggs sunny side up, or as you like them.
4. To serve: spoon the chilaquiles onto a plate and top with two eggs; garnish
with tomato, avocado
, red onions
, cilantro, and Cotija cheese. Serve hot with extra salsa on the side. Repeat for each batch.
For the Roasted Tomato-Chipotle Salsa:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. On a sheet pan
the tomatoes, garlic, and onion until tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes, transfer them along with the chiles and vinegar to the jar of an electric blender
and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium-size saucepan
and gently simmer
for about 20 minutes; season to taste with salt and reserve.