A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan. Put a layer of parchment down to line the pan and butter again.
3. Stir together cookie crumbs, nuts and melted butter in a bowl until it holds together when you squeeze it.
4. Press mixture onto bottom of pan (about 1/4-1/2-inch thick).
5. Bake until golden. Cool completely on a rack. Leave oven on.
To Make Cake:
1. In a stand mixer with a paddle, beat goat cheese and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
3. Add vanilla, lemon juice, zest and salt and mix until combined.
4. Pour into cool crust and bake until cake is set and puffy around the edges but still moves in the center a bit when pan is tapped, about 30-40 minutes. Be sure to rotate your cake if needed if your oven doesn't distribute its heat evenly like ours does!!
5. Let cool. (Cheesecake will continue setting as it cools.)
To Make Topping:
1. Roast halved pumpkins in the oven on a sheet with a little water, about an hour.
2. Scrape out the seeds and drain the pulp of as much excess liquid as possible.
3. In a pot heat the pumpkin, add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
4. Add the juice and zest. Let cool.
5. Spread evenly onto cool cake, and cut into squares. Sprinkle a little sea salt on each serving.