1. In a small pan over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon of the ghee. Add the garam masala, ginger, and garlic and cook for 30 seconds (this will bring out the flavorful oils of the spices). Transfer to a medium bowl large enough for the chicken. Stir in the yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the tomato puree.
2. Slice each chicken breast horizontally into 3 to 4 slices. Place in the yogurt mixture and coat thoroughly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Wipe the marinade off the chicken. Discard the marinade. Season the chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon of the remaining ghee. Once the ghee is hot, saute the chicken until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, the remaining 1 tablespoon tomato puree, and the cumin. Set aside.
5. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 teaspoon ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add the red bell pepper, onions, and turmeric. Sprinkle with salt. Saute until golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
6. Spread the bread with the mayonnaise mixture (if using pita, split it open). Add the chicken, then the peppers and onions mixture. Garnish with the cilantro. Serve immediately.