1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Rub four ramekins with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Crack 1 egg into each dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add another 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, black olives, and mint
(save a little of the mint for garnish). Stir just until you smell the garlic but do not brown it. Add the harissa
, and chicken stock
. Cook for 2 minutes at just below a simmer
4. Spoon the mixture evenly over the eggs. It is very important that you pour the sauce
over the eggs right away while it is still hot, so that the egg whites cook before the yolks get hard. Scatter the feta evenly over the top. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and tent with foil (this will prevent the yolks from overcooking) and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness. Remember, the eggs
will continue to cook slightly due to the residual heat after they are removed from the oven.
5. While the eggs are baking, make sure the garbanzo beans
are dry. Roughly chop
6. In a separate medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
. Once the oil is hot, add the garbanzo beans. Fry
until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat. Stir in the cumin
seed and a pinch of salt. Transfer to a plate to cool.
7. Remove the ramekins from the oven and place each one on a plate lined with a damp napkin to prevent it from slipping. Divide the garbanzos over the top and garnish
with a touch of the reserved sliced mint.