1. Bring a pot of water big enough to cook the noodles to a boil. Once the water is boiling, drop in the noodles and cook until al dente (slightly firm). Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Shake off the excess water and set aside the noodles to drain. Once they are drained, lay them out on a plate to minimize clumping. The noodles will be cold when added to the pot.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, and egg. This is your sauce.
3. In a wok or large saute pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil. Once you see a haze coming off the oil, add the steak, chile, and shallots. Stir frequently until slightly colored, about 30 seconds, and remove to a plate or bowl.
4. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil to the wok, then add the broccoli. Cook for 30 seconds and remove to the plate with the steak. Add the peanuts and toast briefly. Add the noodles to the wok and mix with the peanuts. Spread the noodles out thin and cook, without stirring, for 20 seconds.
5. Add the sauce and half of the green onions to the wok and stir. Add the steak and broccoli and 3/4 cup of the bean sprouts. Stir and divide evenly among three or four plates. Garnish each plate with some of the remaining bean sprouts and green onions. Serve immediately.