- Total Time:
- Inactive Prep:
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey-Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 1/2 head Boston lettuce, chopped (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups watercress, stems removed and chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, forced through a sieve (grated)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
To make the dressing:
Whisk together the grated cheese, vinegar, and mustard. In a slow steady stream, whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season the vinaigrette with salt, and pepper to taste.
To make the salad:
Rinse and dry all the salad greens, and toss them together in a large bowl. Arrange the chicken, bacon, avocado, tomato, and Roquefort in uniform rows on top the mixed greens. Garnish with the grated hard-boiled egg, and chives.
Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss.