With tasty burgers made from mushrooms, seafood and poultry, who needs beef? Here are some tips for making great meatless burgers.
Tips for Making No-Beef Burgers
1. Make a slight indentation in the center of your burger patties with your thumb before cooking. Since burgers plump when you cook them, this will help you end up with uniformly shaped patties after cooking.
2. Use a food processor to pulse seafood like tuna, shrimp or salmon to a ground texture, then add herbs and seasonings and form into patties.
3. Add lots of finely diced or grated vegetables like scallions, bell peppers and zucchini to grilled chicken and turkey burgers to keep them super moist.
No-Beef Burger Recipes to Try:
- Bobby Deen’s Monster Mushroom Burger
- Tyler Florence’s Tuna Burger Recipe
- Rachael Ray's Turkey Burger Recipe
- Kelsey's Stuffed Cheesy Portobello Burger Recipe
- Kelsey Nixon's Asian Chicken Burger Recipe
WATCH: No-Beef Burgers