A Variation of Onions 3 Ways
For the Milk-poached Pork Tenderloin:
1. Place pork tenderloin and rest of ingredients in deep saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
2. Let simmer for 20 minutes and then remove from heat. Let cool in milk mixture.
3. Keep the milk mixture on medium heat.
4. Remove tenderloin from milk mixture.
5. Heat a skillet with a little olive oil. Salt the tenderloin and sear in the skillet, 1 minute each side.
Supreme of Sole on Whipped Leek Potatoes
For the Leek Potatoe
1. Boil 1 pound of potatoes, cubed, for 10-15 minutes or until they are softened.
2. Whip them with heavy cream, butter, a pinch of curry and salt. You want a thicker consistency than normal mashed potatoes. Set aside.
3. Saute leeks and the flesh of one green apple in butter until they soften.
4. Add salt and a pinch of saffron, ground between your fingers.
5. Puree leeks in a food processor and stir into potatoes.
6. Reserve and heat for service, adding heavy cream if the texture is too heavy.
For the Sole:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Slice sole into 2-inch pieces, 3/4-inches wide; a triangle or spear shape is best.
3. Arrange sole on a greased baking pan. Sprinkle with salt, lemon zest and pepper.
4. Place sole in oven for 3 minutes.
5. Open the oven and cover entire pan of fish with beurre blanc. Turn off oven.
6. When leek potatoes are plated, remove pan and serve atop leek potatoes.
For the Beurre Blanc:
1. In a saucier (saucepan), combine shallots and wine. Reduce over medium heat until syrupy.
2. Add lemon juice or vinegar and reduce until syrupy. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk in butter one or two pieces at a time. If additional heat is required for butter to incorporate into the wine/acid/shallot reduction, be very careful and apply low heat.
4. When all the butter is incorporated the sauce should be smooth and velvety. Season to taste with salt and white pepper - a healthy pinch of each.
Poached Cipollini Onion with Goat Cheese Brulee:
1. Place all ingredients except goat cheese in deep saucepan.
2. Bring temperature of oil up to 275 degrees F, and then keep consistent until onions are tender, 30 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool in oil.
4. Remove onions
Series: Kitchen Conspirators
Episode: High Society - Dinner (Ep. 2: Part 6)