Vegetables on the Grill
Whether starring as the main course or playing supporting roles as side dishes, grilled vegetables are the perfect way to take advantage of the summer’s fresh flavors.
Tips for Making Great Grilled Vegetables:
1. Before grilling, brush veggies lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. While grilling, ditch the brush and use sprigs of sturdy herbs like thyme and rosemary to baste vegetables with marinade to impart subtle flavor.
3. To make "roasted" peppers, place them right on top of the coals for great charred flavor.
4. When cutting grilled corn off the cob, stand it up on end in a Bundt pan and slice straight down the cob; the pan beneath will catch the kernels.
Grilled Vegetable Recipes to Try:
- Michael Chiarello’s Grilled Corn Salsa Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
- Kelsey's Grilled Vegetable Panini With Herbed Feta Spread
- Debi and Gabriele's Grilled Mixed Vegetables Recipe