1. Pour 1/4 cup cream into a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in the tobacco and begin warming the cream on the stovetop on low heat, stirring frequently. The milk should never bubble, just steam lightly.
3. When the cream is warm, about 4 minutes, set aside.
4. Let the tobacco steep 10 minutes.
5. Strain out the tobacco and place the cream in the refrigerator immediately to cool, at least 30 minutes.
6. When the cream has cooled, add the remaining cream and the sugar.
7. Whip and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Kitchen Conspirators