Loving: Iron Chef Japan
Pioneering cooking show meets Mystery Science 3000 meets Godzilla vs. Mothra -- all tucked inside the infamous confines of Chairman Kaga's Kitchen Stadium.
If you haven't watched the original Iron Chef in a while, it's just kind of great -- like finding a lonely $5 on the sidewalk or realizing that your neighbor folded the laundry you left in the dryer.
To get you in the mood, enjoy a tangy amuse bouche of Iron Chef trivia -- allez cuisine!
Iron Chef -- Episodes You're Glad You Weren't Judging
- Snapping turtle
- Swallow's nest
- Hair crab
- Dry Ligament
- Prawns in Chili Sauce Canapé Style -- Iron Chef Chen Kenichi
- Foie Gras and Flatfish with Citrus Sauce -- Iron Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
- Foie Gras and Scallops in Cabbage -- Challenger Hiromi Yamada
- Sea Eel Royale with Truffle Sauce -- Iron Chef Hiroyuki Sakai
- Scallop Salad with Vinaigrette Sauce -- Challenger Maurice Guillouet
(...apparently someone likes foie gras...)
- Smoked Asparagus Stick Salad -- Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto
- Potato Dumpling Soup -- Iron Chef Komei Nakamura
- Soft Roe in Sake with Truffles -- Challenger Yukio Hattori