Cooking: Easiest. Dessert. Ever.
Last week we received a huge shipment of fresh blueberries. They were sweet and delicious on their own, but I was stumped as to what to make with them. You guys had some pretty strong opinions. (Sorry, I don't can my own jam—I leave that to my mom, and did freeze some for later.) But ultimately I decided to make Dave Lieberman's Blueberry Pecan Crumble. And this is why:
1. A crumble might be the easiest fruit dessert, outside of fruit + cream out there. There's no crust to roll, no biscuits to cut out, and no special equipment necessary.
2. A berry crumble is the easiest crumble of all because there's no peeling involved.
3. The best way to make the crumble topping is with your hands, which is like playing in the sand for grownups.
4. A crumble travels well and in one container, and is easily re-heated for serving à la mode.
5. This recipe in particular blended blueberries and pecans, two of my favorite snacks. I'd definitely make this again.
And one thing I learned: dogs don't like blueberries. Or mine doesn't.
So what are you waiting for? Make a crumble already.
Thank you Stemilt Farms for the delicious berries!