Sifted: Homemade Funfetti, Boozy Foods and Summertime Treats
By: Lauren Miyashiro
- Boxed mix funfetti is irresistible, but homemade is even better! The Baker Chick made the colorful layer cake from Momofuku Milk Bar and we’re stunned by the results.
- Salad for breakfast? If by that you mean a poached egg atop avocado and prosciutto, we’re in! – The Kitchn
- Chocolate covered pretzels might not be the best match for the sun. But Tikkido’s royal icing covered pretzels are a sweet and salty snack that can stand up to the heat.
- It’s pool party season. These yogurt and chocolate stuffed strawberries from ChefMom are a healthy and delicious snack your kids will love.
- Boozy foods: Tartlet Sweets takes banana nut bread to a whole new level with bourbon.
- Prefer chocolate to funfetti or, well, anything? Zoe Francois' Icebox Cake has lots of delicious chocolate layers and is fabulously easy to make.
- Michael Symon's Poached Eggs with Crab Salad and English Muffins is perfect for weekend brunch.
- Frozen, frosty ice cream treats-- These are no ordinary ice cream treats.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including the chocolate chip cookie cake and peanut butter and jelly ice cream.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including recipes for french toast in a mug and vegan cake batter ice cream.
Every year, ice cream store owners across the country predict which flavors will be the most popular. Dave Powitz shares the early ice cream trends from this summer.
Get sample recipes on Cooking Channel from the new People's Pops cookbook, People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops.
Would you put Sriracha hot chili sauce on your sweet and creamy milkshake? Go Burger in NYC did and we gave it a try. The final results might surprise you.