Sifted: Homemade Funfetti, Boozy Foods and Summertime Treats
By: Lauren Miyashiro
- Boxed mix funfetti is irresistible, but homemade is even better! The Baker Chick made the colorful layer cake from Momofuku Milk Bar and we’re stunned by the results.
- Salad for breakfast? If by that you mean a poached egg atop avocado and prosciutto, we’re in! – The Kitchn
- Chocolate covered pretzels might not be the best match for the sun. But Tikkido’s royal icing covered pretzels are a sweet and salty snack that can stand up to the heat.
- It’s pool party season. These yogurt and chocolate stuffed strawberries from ChefMom are a healthy and delicious snack your kids will love.
- Boozy foods: Tartlet Sweets takes banana nut bread to a whole new level with bourbon.
- Prefer chocolate to funfetti or, well, anything? Zoe Francois' Icebox Cake has lots of delicious chocolate layers and is fabulously easy to make.
- Michael Symon's Poached Eggs with Crab Salad and English Muffins is perfect for weekend brunch.
- Frozen, frosty ice cream treats-- These are no ordinary ice cream treats.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including recipes for french toast in a mug and vegan cake batter ice cream.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including the chocolate chip cookie cake and peanut butter and jelly ice cream.
Cooking Channel's Frozen Treat Truck hits the west coast this week with Chuck Hughes, Jeffrey Saad, Debi Mazar and Garbriele Corcos. Join us in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Banana bread is delicious all year round, but how 'bout a little summertime makeover? Think grilled banana bread ice cream sandwiches, a twist on an old classic.
Forget plain hot fudge: Jeni of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams shares her favorite recipes with Cooking Channel for new sauces to top your vanilla ice cream.