Better Burgers for Your July 4th Party
By: Sarah Kraut
We feel your pain and are here to help. Check out some of these alternatives to the classic burger. Use them as recipes and inspiration to please your crowd of hungry friends:
- Spicy Aussie Chicken Burgers -->These are chicken burgers with a kick, garnished with an array of interesting toppings from grilled pineapple rings to eggs, and more.
- Really Simple Bean Burgers -->Put your own spin on this basic bean burger recipe. Try one of our eight flavor embellishments, or get creative with mix-in ideas of your own.
- Killer Mushroom Cheeseburgers -->Melted, gooey cheese lies at the center of two mushroom caps pan-fried in panko crumbs in these juicy "cheeseburgers". Why settle for an average grilled mushroom cap when you can chow down on this ultimate concoction instead?
- Julia Child's Pan-Fried Thin Burgers -->Make the American master chef's thinner take on the classic beef patty for a lighter dose of hamburger. Allow your guests to choose their own accoutrements.
- Crispy Tuna Cake Sliders (pictured above) -->It's summertime. Sometimes you just want to keep it light and these tuna sliders topped with a tangy citrus slaw are the perfect way to do that--and keep your pescetarian guests happy.
Get last-minute recipes for your 4th of July party from Cooking Channel.
Get 10 red, white and blue desserts worthy of fireworks.
Celebrate July 4th with Cooking Channel's best grilling recipes, including hamburgers, steak, chicken, top summer side dish recipes, summer desserts and more.
If only we could declare independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain every week so there would always be a great excuse to make these red, white and blue dessert recipes.
Patriotic colors and summery flavors combine to make this the perfect 4th of July dessert recipe.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including the firecracker popsicles and strawberry hand pies.
Make a simple July 4th cheesecake with red raspberry, white vanilla and blue blueberry layers with this recipe from Cooking Channel.
Get the recipe and step-by-step instructions for this red, white and blue berry cake from Cooking Channel.