Happy National Fried Chicken Day!
Summer is the best time to celebrate this crispy, crunchy, perfectly salty classic Southern dish.
- Don't skimp on seasoning. Chuck's recipe (pictured above) has the perfect balance of spice that gives fried chicken its addictive finger-lickin' goodness.
- Fry it twice. This recipe is fried twice so the skin is mind-blowingly crispy.
- Add a sweet and spicy sauce. Michael Symon likes his with Sriracha honey. Addicts, beware.
- Put it on a waffle. Trust us: Chicken and Waffles is the food of the Sweet and Salty Food Gods (especially Bobby's recipe).
- Put it on a stick. Because you can, you should, and it's the perfect summer party food.
For you sweet-and-spicy lovers, Michael Symon exploits your weakness with an Asian twist: