Sifted: Heavenly Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and a 500 Pound Cake
By: Lauren Miyashiro
- If you love the combo of chocolate + peanut butter, this pie by Jessie Monds is made for you. With a chocolate cookie crust, peanut butter mouse and chocolate ganache, what’s not to love?
- What type of birthday cake do you make for the ultimate Star Wars fan? How about a life-sized Darth Vader cake? The final creation towers over six and a half feet tall and weighs a whopping 500 pounds. Check out photos of the cake's construction (and destruction) on Huffington Post. Open for pun; “Luke, I am your fondant” is our favorite.
- This Food52 winning recipe for miso caramel captures the power of umami and goes well with savory and sweet foods alike. It’s also perfectly acceptable to eat by the spoonful, we say.
- Starbucks' pumpkin spice lattes have returned (and yes, we’ve satisfied our cravings for them a few times already), which means it's time to start talking pumpkin flavored everything. So even though it’s not quite fall, we’re ready for Red and the Wolf’s pumpkin kiss cake.
- Fill Gourmandelle’s baguette cups with cheese dip for the a fun party appetizer. They’re portable, easy and delicious.
Get healthy vegetable bread and cake recipes on Cooking Channel.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including easy pumpkin hummus and homemade oreos.
Get our take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including recipes for blueberry muffin tops and bourbon pumpkin pie.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including the upside down banana bread and Greek yogurt pancakes.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including recipes for banh mi and light summer desserts.
This edible masterpiece is from Sarabeth Levine. An orange-spiked cake is layered with whipped dark chocolate ganache and topped with a shiny chocolate glaze.