Sifted: Cookie Cakes and Boozy Super Bowl Food
Get our take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including chocolate chip cookie cakes and Super Bowl recipes.
By: Lauren Miyashiro
Half Baked's Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake 5 Hot Links We're Loving:
- Although it’s hard to believe, some people don’t like cake (crazy, we know). So for all those cake-haters, Half Baked brings you the chocolate chip cookie layer cake.
- For a chocolate chip cookie disguised as a cupcake, try The Baker Chick’s recipe. Topped with peanut butter frosting, they’re devilishly good.
- If you’re looking for some serious Super Bowl grub, make Culinary Cool’s beer-cheese potato bites. Filled with mashed potatoes, bacon and green onions, and deep-fried in a crust of Ritz crackers, even the Harbaugh brothers would agree this one’s a winner.
- Feeling bold in the kitchen this week? Try How Sweet Eats’ beer biscuits with sriracha meyer lemon butter.
- Have you heard of Jeni’s Influenza Sorbet? According to the Huffington Post, the $12 pint of bourbon infused treat is a hot item this cold season.
Get party food ideas for anti-Super Bowl parties like Puppy Bowl viewing, Friday Night Lights marathons or board game shindigs.