Sifted: Sweet and Salty Desserts + More Delicious Bits
Get our take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including the best Valentine's Day recipes.
By: Lauren Miyashiro
5 Hot Links We're Loving:
- Guinness and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Add pretzels to the mix, and now we're really talking. Sprinkle Bake’s Guinness pretzel truffles are perfect for Valentine's Day.
- You can never have enough chocolate chip cookie recipes. Speckled with caramel and sprinkled with salt, Baking with Blondie’s recipe is a winner.
- Saltine crackers are the secret weapon in a Pinch of Yum’s 10-minute peanut butter fudge. Share them or keep them for yourself; they’re too easy not to make.
- For Anti-Valentine's Day, treat yourself to A Cozy Kitchen's dinner for one: cacio e pepe. With just four tasty ingredients (butter, lots of black pepper, cheese and pasta), it's hard to go wrong.
- Mardi Gras may be over, but any day would be a good day for Tracey's Culinary Adventure's beignets.
Looking for an easy gift idea? Cooking Channel's recipe for Chocolate-Covered Toffee is just the ticket. A touch of coffee in the toffee balances out the sweetness.
The best part of this Valentine's Day dessert? It requires only four ingredients: chocolate, butter, eggs and sugar.
Celebrate Meatless Monday and Valentine's Day (a day early) with Bobby Flay's Poached Eggs in Mole Sauce.
A dribble of this easy homemade Valentine's Day liqueur will turn even the cheapest sparkling wine into an absolute aphrodisiac.