Sifted: Sweet and Salty Desserts + More Delicious Bits
Get our take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including the best Valentine's Day recipes.
By: Lauren Miyashiro
5 Hot Links We're Loving:
- Guinness and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Add pretzels to the mix, and now we're really talking. Sprinkle Bake’s Guinness pretzel truffles are perfect for Valentine's Day.
- You can never have enough chocolate chip cookie recipes. Speckled with caramel and sprinkled with salt, Baking with Blondie’s recipe is a winner.
- Saltine crackers are the secret weapon in a Pinch of Yum’s 10-minute peanut butter fudge. Share them or keep them for yourself; they’re too easy not to make.
- For Anti-Valentine's Day, treat yourself to A Cozy Kitchen's dinner for one: cacio e pepe. With just four tasty ingredients (butter, lots of black pepper, cheese and pasta), it's hard to go wrong.
- Mardi Gras may be over, but any day would be a good day for Tracey's Culinary Adventure's beignets.
Looking for an easy gift idea? Cooking Channel's recipe for Chocolate-Covered Toffee is just the ticket. A touch of coffee in the toffee balances out the sweetness.
The best part of this Valentine's Day dessert? It requires only four ingredients: chocolate, butter, eggs and sugar.
Celebrate Meatless Monday and Valentine's Day (a day early) with Bobby Flay's Poached Eggs in Mole Sauce.
What's wrong with most red velvet cupcakes? According to Classy Ladies Alie & Georgia, it's the lack of vodka. So they fixed that.