Sifted: Must-Try Ice Cream, Your New Favorite Salad + More
By: Lauren Miyashiro
Buckeye Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream by The Batter Thickens
5 Hot Links We're Loving:
- We’re swooning over this buckeye blueberry swirl ice cream. The Batter Thickens describes it best: “[it’s] the ice cream-ized version of the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich you've ever had plus chocolate.”
- This vegetable sushi bowl by A Couple Cooks captures the essence of your favorite hand roll without the hard work.
- Set The Table’s peanut butter banana smoothie is a sweet treat that will boost your energy instead of leading you to a mid-afternoon sugar crash.
- Chasing Delicious’ chocolate chip cookie layer cake incorporates real deal, freshly baked cookies into the fluffy vanilla cake layers.
- Bright, sweet, creamy and spicy, Pixelated Crumb’s Cuban avocado, pineapple and watercress salad is a side dish that may just outshine everything else in the dinner spread.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including recipes for french toast in a mug and vegan cake batter ice cream.
Making ice cream at home is rewarding and delicious. Get started now!
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including recipes for homemade funfetti cake and summertime treats.
Every year, ice cream store owners across the country predict which flavors will be the most popular. Dave Powitz shares the early ice cream trends from this summer.
The Food Jammers crew had the same craving on a camping trip, but they weren't waiting around for that ice cream truck, either. They got to work making ice cream DIY-style -- with two coffee cans and a campfire. I was inspired to make my own, sans ice cream maker.
This eggless version of ice cream is often referred to as Philadelphia-style. The texture is lighter but no less delicious, and it is so fast to put together.
Banana bread is delicious all year round, but how 'bout a little summertime makeover? Think grilled banana bread ice cream sandwiches, a twist on an old classic.