Sifted: Comfort Food Breakfasts, Chicken-Fried Potatoes + More
By: Amanda Marsteller
- Another snow day? Perfect excuse to linger in the kitchen a little longer and griddle up a batch of Half Baked Harvest's rice krispie treat pancakes with browned butter syrup.
- Sally's Baking Addiction says that it's ok to start your day with your favorite sweet duo, ideally in her chocolate peanut butter lovers' granola, so you can get your fix on the go.
- Further proof that everything is better chicken-fried, Spoon Fork Bacon's chicken fried potatoes are battered in herbs and spices and served with buttermilk-ranch dipping sauce.
- Cold weather is an ideal excuse to break out the ol' slow cooker. Put it to good use and brew up a cozy pot of The Midnight Baker's steak and ale cheese soup.
- Meyer lemon season is in full swing during the chilly winter months, so buy a bushel of the sweet citrus and try out My Baking Addiction's recipe for meyer lemon meltaways.
After a polar vortex you might be tempted to hunker down and order delivery instead of putting on snow pants to head to the supermarket. But these comforting recipes from Bobby Flay might have you thinking otherwise, especially since they are classic breakfast and brunch recipes that are even better when served after 5pm.
Get recipes and tips for throwing a comfort food potluck party (and assigning the dishes), a part of Cooking Channel's Party in Five series.
Get our take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including winter comfort foods and healthy recipes.
Get our take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including lighted up comfort foods and game-day desserts.