Frozen Friday: Gourmet Ice Cream Sandwiches
We're in for a long, hot summer. So to stave off heat stroke, we're bringing you our favorite summer treats each week as part of Frozen Friday, giving you the scoop on our favorite ice-cold recipes and party ideas to help you stay cool all summer long.
Nothing forms close bonds like ice cream, sweat and tears... right? At least we've got the first one covered. This is the first of a summer-long series called Frozen Friday, featuring various ideas for ice-cold goodies, from grown-up snow cones to easy icebox cakes.
Today, we gift you with four gourmet ice cream sandwich recipes as well as a stellar guide to an ice cream sandwich party we can only regret we didn't enjoy as kids and can now put on our to-do list as kids at heart. These glorious sandwiches are new and improved blasts from the past.
1. Blondie Confetti Ice Cream Sandwich: Sprinkle Bakes folds rainbow jimmies into a vanilla ice cream then sandwiches the colorful mix between two buttery blondie bars (pictured above).
2. Tiramisu Ice Cream Sandwich — What's Gaby Cooking channels an Italian gelateria with her combination of rum-infused mascarpone ice cream between frozen espresso cookies. It's like summer's reinvented affogato.
3. Coconut Pineapple Sorbet Sandwich — The Baker Chick's puréed pineapple sorbet sits between crisp, golden coconut snaps for a tropical, nonalcoholic spin on a pina colada.
4. Vegan S'mores Ice Cream Sandwich — The Sweet Life spreads toasted marshmallow ice cream — made with coconut milk — onto homemade vegan graham crackers, then dunks half in chocolate.
5. Party Time — With your four recipes in hand, plan a party using Yellow Bliss Road's templates. This plan not only walks you through setting up, it also provides printable signs and and labels for both standard and your own custom flavors. Start scooping.