The Meatiest, Smokiest Father's Day Gift Guide Ever
Your old man deserves some shiny new toys. With only a few days to spare before Father’s Day this Sunday, you have just enough time to snag the tools (and robots) Dad really wants.
1) The man who takes pride in his meat deserves to smoke his competition. Present him with the Smoking Gun™ ($99.95; pictured above), a high-tech way to infuse his food and drink recipes with notes of hickory and applewood. Maybe load him up with a few steaks while you’re at it.
2) Dad’s first wish might be to have his very own do-anything robot, but until that dream comes true, the Grill Cleaning Robot ($129.95) ensures that one area – one very important and meat-covered area – is spick and span.
3) A home-stirred drink tastes like satisfaction, especially if Dad is the kind of dude who takes a project from beginning to end. Whether digs a classic G&T or a hint of hops, there’s an option for him, including The Homemade Gin Kit ($49.95) or Beer Making Kit: Everyday IPA ($40) give him the power.
4) If you can’t be with him on Father’s Day, at least make sure he’s well-fed by sending Katz's Father's Day Package ($57-$110) from the famous New York pastrami palace. With one bite of spotlight-stealing meat, your absence won’t just be forgiven, it will probably be forgotten, too.
5) Did Dad tear through Mom’s heart-shaped box of chocolates? Take care of his sweet tooth this time around with Olive & Sinclair’s Bourbon Nib Brittle ($12.99), made with cacao beans aged in bourbon barrels for a layer of smokiness.
For more ways to treat Dad right on Father’s Day, check out these ideas, recipes and party tips from Cooking Channel.
Assume the role of grilling guru with the following tips for serving meats and veggies with a crispy char and a tasty wood-smoke edge.