The Scoop: Angry Artisans and Midnight Munchies
From fabulous food maps to FDA upsets, here's a boiled down list of this week's headlines:
- Food Nerd Alert: This is our kind of map. We're gawking at — and take notes from — Vox.com's roundup of 40 fascinating food maps of America.
- Bring Your Soy to Circle Time: Suzy Amis Cameron (wife of Titanic director James) aims to eliminate meat and dairy, serving an all-vegan lunch at the Calabasas, CA, private school she co-founded.
- Cali Comeback Kids: New England's coffee juggernaut Dunkin' Donuts takes another shot at the Golden State. We hope they won't be In-N-Out of there.
- Soli(dairy)ty: Protect our Parm! The FDA backs down as artisanal cheesemongers and lovers combat a recent ban on wood shelving.
- Midnight Munchies: Kellogg rebrands Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes as late-night snacks. (On behalf of college students around the world, duh!)