The Scoop: Free Krispy Kreme and The Great Wine Detective
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From underground laboratories to free donuts, here's a boiled-down list of this week's headlines.
- Happy National Donut Day: In the spirit of today's all-important fried Friday, these donut shops are giving out free treats today, June 6th.
- Shake Shack Turns 10: New York's beloved outdoor burger hut will throw themselves a party next week with live music and five special-edition burgers from some of the city's notable chefs.
- Meat of the Matter: Just how different was your grandparents' diet? The Atlantic takes a look.
- The Great Wine Detective: NPR reveals how magnifying glasses, bulletproof wine cases and underground radioactivity helped tackle wine fraud.
- Leave It to California: At this Sausalito resort, you can have your champagne delivered to you via drone.
The secret to an amazing bread pudding recipe is in the sauce. Of course, making it with Krispy Kreme doughnuts also helps.