Sifted: Watermelon Cake, Blackberry Ice Cream Floats + More
• Always yearned to say "I carried a watermelon" at a party? This 4th of July, make it a reality with Style Sweet CA’s watermelon cake, complete with a red velvet interior and black sprinkle “seeds.”
• Forget root beer in your ice cream floats. The Sugar Hit gives this fizzy classic a summery spin with a blackberry-vanilla ice cream float that might just replace the original. Striped straws are mandatory.
• In related switcheroo news, the good ole berries-and-cream trifle has been a part of Independence Day cookout spreads for a reason. This year, switch it up with Taste and Tell’s Peanut Butter and Brownie Trifle that’s layered in all the right ways.
• Blenders aren't just for smoothies and margaritas anymore. Love and Lemons' mango gazpacho is so light and cool, you might just opt for a bowl of soup next time you're lounging by the pool.
• A magic flan cake by Sprinkle Bakes is just that, magic. The flan and cake layers switch places while they’re baking, and the end result is a fusion of caramel, custard and cake goodness.
- Take in Friday's fireworks with Cooking Channel's 4th of July desserts.
- There are more ways to fix a float. Check out Cooking Channel's finest ice cream and soda combos.