The Scoop: Fantasy Wines and Forgotten Grains
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From calorie-counting microwaves to literary libations, here's a boiled down list of this week's headlines:
- Stormborn Sauvignon Blanc: Game of Thrones fans will have 12 new wines of Westeros to pour for the Season 5 premiere.
- Cheap Eats: Americans spend a smaller fraction of their income on food than anyone else in the world.
- Weight Watcher: GE is developing a microwave that will cook your food AND count its calories.
- The Comeback Crops: Underutilized superfoods like amaranth, teff and fonio are all in the running to be "the next quinoa."
- By the Mouthful: A recent study shows that consuming certain foods and drinks in excess determines how soon we'll want them again.
These are so simple to prepare, they just might become your new signature hors d'oeuvre. Check out Cooking Channel's recipe for escargots from Chef Philippe Bertineau.
Nick from Dude Foods spends a whole lot of money to make a fancy and strange White Castle slider.
Learn how to jar dilly beans with Cooking Channel's recipe.
These heart-shaped chocolate cakes are Devil's food layers filled with raspberry cream and covered in glossy chocolate ganache. Perfect for Valentine's Day.
Richie Nakano from Hapa Ramen shares his kimchi recipe.
Cooking Channel reinvented this retro dessert to fit adult taste buds. Get our recipe for Caramel Icebox Cake with Bittersweet Chocolate Wafers.
Spiders on a cake are just plain creepy and a whole lot of fun. This marble cake recipe will satisfy your cravings for both vanilla and chocolate.
This stunning cake is bright and cheery, both in presentation and flavors. It's perfect for Mother’s Day!