The Scoop: Fantasy Wines and Forgotten Grains
From calorie-counting microwaves to literary libations, here's a boiled down list of this week's headlines:
- Stormborn Sauvignon Blanc: Game of Thrones fans will have 12 new wines of Westeros to pour for the Season 5 premiere.
- Cheap Eats: Americans spend a smaller fraction of their income on food than anyone else in the world.
- Weight Watcher: GE is developing a microwave that will cook your food AND count its calories.
- The Comeback Crops: Underutilized superfoods like amaranth, teff and fonio are all in the running to be "the next quinoa."
- By the Mouthful: A recent study shows that consuming certain foods and drinks in excess determines how soon we'll want them again.