The Scoop: Fantasy Wines and Forgotten Grains
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From calorie-counting microwaves to literary libations, here's a boiled down list of this week's headlines:
- Stormborn Sauvignon Blanc: Game of Thrones fans will have 12 new wines of Westeros to pour for the Season 5 premiere.
- Cheap Eats: Americans spend a smaller fraction of their income on food than anyone else in the world.
- Weight Watcher: GE is developing a microwave that will cook your food AND count its calories.
- The Comeback Crops: Underutilized superfoods like amaranth, teff and fonio are all in the running to be "the next quinoa."
- By the Mouthful: A recent study shows that consuming certain foods and drinks in excess determines how soon we'll want them again.
Prepare this make-ahead curried apple chutney for Thanksgiving or Christmas with a recipe and tips from Cooking Channel.
Take advantage of crawfish season and host a crawfish boil. This easy crawfish boil recipe from Cooking Channel makes it easy.
Santos Loo decided to make a cleaver the main tool in his kitchen. He shares new uses and tips for making a cleaver work harder in your kitchen.
Madcap physicists create a new ring-shaped pasta that is virtually impossible to detangle.