The Scoop: Fantasy Wines and Forgotten Grains
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From calorie-counting microwaves to literary libations, here's a boiled down list of this week's headlines:
- Stormborn Sauvignon Blanc: Game of Thrones fans will have 12 new wines of Westeros to pour for the Season 5 premiere.
- Cheap Eats: Americans spend a smaller fraction of their income on food than anyone else in the world.
- Weight Watcher: GE is developing a microwave that will cook your food AND count its calories.
- The Comeback Crops: Underutilized superfoods like amaranth, teff and fonio are all in the running to be "the next quinoa."
- By the Mouthful: A recent study shows that consuming certain foods and drinks in excess determines how soon we'll want them again.
Get Cooking Channel's recipe for homemade barbecue sauce and start a traditional all your own.
Fuel your day with Cooking Channel's amaranth pancakes recipe. Amaranth is a nutrient-rich food, packed with amino acids, fiber, iron, calcium and magnesium.
A galette is a French tart, or simply a pie with no plate. This Apple Galette recipe is "easier than pie", with no fancy fluting or lattice top crust to worry about.
Get Cooking Channel's recipe for Bourbon Banana Pudding, a spin on a favorite Southern dessert.
Learn how to jar dilly beans with Cooking Channel's recipe.
Cooking Channel's star sugar cookies recipe is both festive and delicious for your 4th of july party. Lemon juice and zest gives the cookies and icing more zing.
Learn how to make fudge with Cooking Channel's step-by-step recipe and photos. Addiction warning: you won't be able to stop eating this chocolate fudge recipe!
Banana bread is delicious all year round, but how 'bout a little summertime makeover? Think grilled banana bread ice cream sandwiches, a twist on an old classic.
Zoe Francois takes the simple flavors of Vietnamese ice coffee and recreates them as an elegant, no-bake dessert in her panna cotta recipe for Cooking Channel.