The Scoop: Bye, Bye, Satisfries
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From kid cookie moguls to angry Yelpers, here's a boiled-down list of this week's headlines:
- Unsatisfried: Two-thirds of Burger King restaurants will stop carrying their reduced-fat fries after less than a year on the menu.
- Just Nuts: Almond milk has experienced a 45-percent increase in sales, helping it surpass soy as the most popular non-dairy milk.
- Made with Love and Homework: The 10-year-old CEO of Mr. Cory's Cookies can consider expanding the company during recess.
- In the Clear: Major food companies have discovered that shoppers are more likely to buy a product they can see.
- Pay the Piper: Yelp has been sued by a number of frequent contributors who believe they should be compensated for their work.
Learn about brewing kombucha at home with Jovan Sage on Cooking Channel.
In celebration of the return of My Grandmother's Ravioli , get Cooking Channel's six global versions of ravioli.
Watch audition videos for MasterChef Canada Season 2.
Cinnamon graham cracker cookies are topped with chocolate ganache, candied pecans, sweet coconut and toasted meringue in Cooking Channel's recipe for S'mores.
A combination of spices adds rich flavor to these moist, sweet carrot cupcakes. Adding lemon zest to the frosting brings out bright flavor in the cake.
Get the full list of stops and shops that taste hunter, Aida Mollenkamp, discovers on FoodCrafters.
Zoe Francois takes the simple flavors of Vietnamese ice coffee and recreates them as an elegant, no-bake dessert in her panna cotta recipe for Cooking Channel.