The Scoop: Bye, Bye, Satisfries
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From kid cookie moguls to angry Yelpers, here's a boiled-down list of this week's headlines:
- Unsatisfried: Two-thirds of Burger King restaurants will stop carrying their reduced-fat fries after less than a year on the menu.
- Just Nuts: Almond milk has experienced a 45-percent increase in sales, helping it surpass soy as the most popular non-dairy milk.
- Made with Love and Homework: The 10-year-old CEO of Mr. Cory's Cookies can consider expanding the company during recess.
- In the Clear: Major food companies have discovered that shoppers are more likely to buy a product they can see.
- Pay the Piper: Yelp has been sued by a number of frequent contributors who believe they should be compensated for their work.
Holiday Desserts: Coconut-Frosted Carrot Cake
Get Cooking Channel's best recipe for Coconut-Frosted Carrot Cake. This version is moist, sweet and has a complex combination of spices and zest.
Super Food Nerds: In Pursuit of Hummus
Learn how to make hummus at home to have whenever you want, from Devour the blog from Cooking Channel.
Serve a Peruvian Take on Potato Salad at Your Next Party
Serve a Peruvian take on potato salad at your next cookout. Start with potatoes blended with oil and ají amarillo, and then layer with your favorite fillings.
9 Foods with Religious Symbolism
It's easy to go your whole life and never realize that many of the foods you eat were actually originally inspired by religion and religious iconography.