The Scoop: Bye, Bye, Satisfries
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From kid cookie moguls to angry Yelpers, here's a boiled-down list of this week's headlines:
- Unsatisfried: Two-thirds of Burger King restaurants will stop carrying their reduced-fat fries after less than a year on the menu.
- Just Nuts: Almond milk has experienced a 45-percent increase in sales, helping it surpass soy as the most popular non-dairy milk.
- Made with Love and Homework: The 10-year-old CEO of Mr. Cory's Cookies can consider expanding the company during recess.
- In the Clear: Major food companies have discovered that shoppers are more likely to buy a product they can see.
- Pay the Piper: Yelp has been sued by a number of frequent contributors who believe they should be compensated for their work.
Keep a pitcher of this pineapple-infused rum in stock, and turn summer imbibing into a classier (and tastier) affair.
Serve a Peruvian take on potato salad at your next cookout. Start with potatoes blended with oil and ají amarillo, and then layer with your favorite fillings.
What qualifies these individuals to decide the right and wrong way to eat besides decades of focused trial and error?
Oreos form the crust in this creamy, no-bake peanut butter pie recipe from Zoe Francois.
Learn how to make an easy rhubarb pie with this recipe and step-by-step instructions from Cooking Channel.
Devour contributor Zoë François bakes this cream puff recipe with raspberry preserves and tops with rich chocolate ganache.