The Scoop: Bye, Bye, Satisfries
By: Camilla Brandfield-Harvey
From kid cookie moguls to angry Yelpers, here's a boiled-down list of this week's headlines:
- Unsatisfried: Two-thirds of Burger King restaurants will stop carrying their reduced-fat fries after less than a year on the menu.
- Just Nuts: Almond milk has experienced a 45-percent increase in sales, helping it surpass soy as the most popular non-dairy milk.
- Made with Love and Homework: The 10-year-old CEO of Mr. Cory's Cookies can consider expanding the company during recess.
- In the Clear: Major food companies have discovered that shoppers are more likely to buy a product they can see.
- Pay the Piper: Yelp has been sued by a number of frequent contributors who believe they should be compensated for their work.
Baron Ambrosia's discerning palate and passion for flavor lead to cross-country adventures, revealing America's unsung heroes of culinary excellence. Along the way, he finds himself tangled in stories of mystery, comedy and intrigue.
The secret to an amazing bread pudding recipe is in the sauce. Of course, making it with Krispy Kreme doughnuts also helps.