Sifted: Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake Waffles, Crispy Beans + More
- Cakey chocolate-zucchini waffles from The Candid Appetite blur the line between breakfast and dessert. The zucchini element isn't so much for health; folding in the grated summer squash leaves each waffles impeccably moist. Eating them at night? Top each one with a scoop of ice cream.
- Just like onion rings, green beans are instant crowd-pleasers in a bit of batter. After breading their version with multigrain chips, With Food and Love sticks them in the oven for a quick 15 and serves them with quick pickles.
- What makes Lottie and Doof’s torte “The Torte,“ you ask? Laden with jammy plums, the buttery cake is blissfully simple and worth the brain space it would take to memorize for preparing on the fly.
- Classic grilled cheese may only need a slathering of butter, some white bread and a layer of American cheese to come to fruition. But A Couple Cooks stacks their roasted tomato-basil take with bursting cherry tomatoes and mozzarella for a summery swan song.
- If your daily dessert is normally dug out of a cardboard pint, try whipping up banana "ice cream" instead. Even after bikini season, Dessert for Two's recipe works as a healthful alternative, deconstructing frozen bananas in a food processor with just a little coconut cream until it reaches scoopable form.