Sifted: Quick Cinnamon Rolls, Maple-Cookie Butter Granola + More
- When you have a hankering for fluffy, sticky cinnamon rolls — but no time or crowd to help you eat them — Dessert for Two's small-batch recipe comes to the rescue. Not only do these Quick Cinnamon Rolls come together using no yeast, they reach that delectable, buttery status with just 15 minutes in the oven.
- While you're still opting for run-of-the-mill mass-market granola, you're missing out on Hipster Food's genius breakfast mashup. Maple-Cookie Butter Granola comes with a swirl of cookie butter for a gingerbread-esque vibe that's an ideal wakeup call all year long.
- Blend the last of your stone fruit loot into a tangy Apricot Barbecue Sauce that can go on just about anything. Deepened with molasses and ignited with jalapeno and chile powder, this recipe may come from the herbivorous blog, Vegetarian Ventures, but we won't tell if you slather it on a meaty main.
- Hazelnut Layer Cake with Fig Compote is the kind of cake that will elicit ooos and aaahs with the very first look. Fine hazelnut meal makes for a nutty, toasted cake flavor under the vegan cream cheese frosting. Dolly and Oatmeal adds a couple of pristine figs tothe top tier for a striking, simple garnish.
- Financiers don't get nearly as much oven love as good ole' brownies, cookies and bars. But Honestly Yum's take on the small French cakes — Pistachio, Saffron & Rose Financiers — should change that. These beauties are the perfect excuse for a tea party, especially with a sugar-encrusted rose petal crowning each one.