Sifted: Cranberry Sauce Ice Cream, Turkey Enchiladas + More
Dig into spicier takes on Thanksgiving leftovers and decadent desserts inspired by your Thanksgiving feast all holiday long.
By: Allison Milam
- For a lot of us, the hoopla of Thanksgiving isn't so much about the turkey or the potatoes or the stuffing. Instead, we come to the table for the tangy, invigorating cranberry sauce. Down even more of this seasonal condiment this year with Cranberry Sauce Ice Cream by A Thought for Food, featuring ruby ribbons of orange-spiked cranberry sauce in scoops of homemade vanilla.
- When the big day has come and gone, use your Thanksgiving bird for a higher purpose than turkey sandwiches. Gimme Some Oven rolls together spicy Turkey Enchiladas that pack the leftover meat in with beans and cheese before shrouding with avocado, onion and cilantro. Extend all your hard work even longer by freezing the enchiladas for future eats.
- While serving dips as appetizers may ruin your appetite on Thanksgiving, sweet Pumpkin Pie Dip by Averie Cooks is the perfect after-meal treat. Made with pumpkin puree, cream cheese and spice, each bite of this slimmed-down dip is reminiscent of pumpkin pie filling. It's best scooped with gingersnaps, apples and graham crackers — or just a spoon.
- Cranberry sauce from the can will officially be a thing of the past with these au naturel recipes from Cooking Channel.
- Get more inspiration for post-Thanksgiving leftovers with Cooking Channel's recipes for sandwiches, soups and even pancakes.
Get Cooking Channel's take on the best in food news, recipes and more from around the web, including pecan pie cheesecake and the best Thanksgivukkah recipes.
Watch Thanksgiving specials on Cooking Channel with Rev Run, Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott and more.
Keep your carving pumpkins for Halloween while you turn sugar pumpkins, a petite and sweet variety, into a creamy pasta sauce.
A Portland chef has a dream of wrapping a full-sized alligator with bacon and stuffing a turducken in its mouth.
We’re giving away a copy of Les DIners de Gala to one lucky reader.