Thirsty Thursday: White Chocolate Cherry Martini
For a festive way to kick off the holidays, try this decadent and celebratory White Chocolate Cherry Martini. White chocolate liqueur, maraschino liqueur and Irish cream come together in a wintry concoction, and are then mixed with vanilla vodka for a thick, rich and dessert-like cocktail that's perfect for a holiday party. The literal “cherry on top” is a sweet garnish of chocolate-covered cherries. Guests will go crazy for this winter wonderland cocktail.
Just a tip: You might want to make extra chocolate-covered cherries. It’s the holidays after all.
Here’s to some holiday cheer. Bottoms up, folks.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
- Fresh or maraschino cherries
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons) premium white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) premium vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) premium maraschino liqueur
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) premium Irish cream liqueur
- Special equipment: Chilled martini glass
To make optional garnish: Melt 4 ounces milk chocolate chips in microwave or in saucepan on low heat. Dip fresh cherries or maraschino cherries in melted chocolate and place on a plate. Allow to set up in the refrigerator 20 minutes.
Combine the ice, white chocolate liqueur, vanilla-flavored vodka, maraschino liqueur, and Irish cream liqueur in a cocktail shaker and shake. Strain into a martini glass, and garnish with a chocolate-covered cherry, if using.
Want more top cocktail recipes and expert bartending tips? Sign up for our free cocktails newsletter.