The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States or D.C., 21 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States.
SICK KITCHENS GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 16, 2014 until 11:59 a.m. ET on June 16, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the Sick Kitchens Giveaway (the “Promotion”). You may enter the Promotion as follows: (a) by visiting the ulive website (www.ulive.com/promo/sick-kitchens-giveaway) (the “ulive Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form; or (b) by visiting the Cooking Channel website (www.cookingchanneltv.com/chefs/nadia-g/nadia-sweeps.html) (the “Cooking Channel Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the ulive Website and the Cooking Channel Website.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person, per day, on the ulive Website and one (1) entry per eligible person, per day, on the Cooking Channel Website, during the Promotion Period. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET. If more than one (1) entry is received in a day via the ulive Website or the Cooking Channel Website, only the first entry on the ulive Website or the Cooking Channel Website will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry per day on the ulive Website or the Cooking Channel Website by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Promotion entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
4. Limitations of Liability: Scripps Networks, LLC dba ulive (“Sponsor”), Cooking Channel, LLC, Hendrick Energy Systems Inc. O/A Elmira Stove Works, b360 Media[EQ1] Inc., Ritway, Inc., and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the ulive Website or the Cooking Channel Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, each winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winner will be Determined: The potential Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately June 20, 2014, by a representative of Sponsor, and will be contacted by phone on or about June 24, 2014. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the official rules, of administration of the Promotion, and of selection of the Grand Prize Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor with respect to the Grand Prize Winner and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final.
The Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the Grand Prize Winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the Grand Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Conditions of Entry: This Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judge’s or Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the ulive Website and the Cooking Channel Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Grand Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Prize: The Grand Prize Winner shall win the following (the “Grand Prize”): (i) a Model 1952 refrigerator from Elmira Stove Works; (ii) Grand Prize Winner’s choice of a Model 1954, Model 1954P, Model 1955, Model 1955P, Model 1956 or Model 1956P range from Elmira Stove Works; and (iii) free curbside delivery. The Grand Prize Winner will have the choice of standard colors offered for the selected models, subject to availability. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $7,890.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Knox County, Tennessee, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Winner List: Beginning on or about June 30, 2014 you may obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner by going to the ulive Website or the Cooking Channel Website.
10. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC dba ulive, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, Tennessee 37932.
11. Administrator: Ritway, Inc., 1463 E Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, TN 37909.