Special equipment: A ruler
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the cookie crust: Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough evenly into the pan. Prick the dough with a fork or toothpick and bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool, and then spread the raspberry jam evenly over the top.
To make the nougat: Place the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil until the mixture develops a syrupy texture, for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the butterscotch chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Fold in the toffee bits and spread evenly over the cookie and raspberry jam. Allow to set up in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Using a ruler as a guide, cut the cookie into 1-by-3-inch bars and return to the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
Melt the coating chocolate over a double boiler. (Or, place the coating chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on medium power for 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval. Continue until the chocolate is thin and completely smooth, about 4 minutes.)
Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Using a fork or a chocolate tool, dip the chilled bars into the chocolate, coating completely. Let the excess chocolate drip off, and then transfer to the cooling rack to set. Place the bars back in the freezer to set, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the chilled bars from the freezer and enjoy.
Alternatively, if using the candied orange peels, slightly melt the top of each bar using a kitchen blowtorch. Sprinkle with the candied orange pieces. Torch the tops of the bars further, until the orange pieces are slightly toasted and brown. Place back in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
Propane gas torches are highly flammable and should be kept away from heat, open flame and prolonged exposure to sunlight. They should be used only in well-ventilated areas. Follow torch manufacturer's instructions for use.