Pizza on the Grill
Craving pizza but don’t want to turn on your oven? Fire up the grill! There’s nothing quite like pizza on the grill, with a perfectly charred crust, gooey cheese and the freshest seasonal toppings. Here are a few tips to get you started.
Tips for Making Great Grilled Pizza:
1. When rolling out your dough, start from the center and move outward. Handle the dough as little as possible to avoid a tough crust.
2. To prevent sticking, brush the dough with a light coating of olive oil just before grilling.
3. Think outside the box. Use creamy herbed cheese or pesto instead of tomato sauce, and garnish your pizza with simply dressed baby greens like arugula or spinach.
Great Grilled Pizza Recipes to Try:
- Kelsey Nixon's Simple Pizza Dough Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s Pizza With NY Strip Steak, Blue Cheese and Balsamic Glaze
- Kelsey Nixon’s Beet, Bacon and Herbed Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Michael Chiarello's Grilled Eggplant Pizza Recipe
WATCH: Secrets of Grilled Pizza
Assume the role of grilling guru with the following tips for serving meats and veggies with a crispy char and a tasty wood-smoke edge.