Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Bake Debi and Gabriele's classic Italian-style rainbow cookies for your holiday party.
Win any holiday cookie swap with these five best holiday cookie recipes.
Make Chrissy Teigen's rum balls to spice up your holiday party.
This year, Kelsey Nixon is giving out her aunt's famous gingerbread cookie recipe.
Bake Kelsey Nixon's peppermint meltaways for your cookie swap.