Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Bars and cookies are perfect picks for bringing to a bake sale.
Win any holiday cookie swap with these five best holiday cookie recipes.
Make Chrissy Teigen's rum balls to spice up your holiday party.
Get the recipe for butter eggnog cookies from Cooking Channel, by Todd Porter and Diane Cu of White on Rice Couple.
Spice up the cookie plate with Nadia G's spicy jam cookies.
Make Momofuku's famous compost cookies.
Forget pumpkin spice. Try these gingerbread latte cookies instead