Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Bars and cookies are perfect picks for bringing to a bake sale.
Win any holiday cookie swap with these five best holiday cookie recipes.
Minimize weeknight, last-minute fuss with a well-stocked pantry. Here's what to have on-hand.
Avoid these common baking blunders — and find quick fixes for the inevitable mishaps.
Serve your best bird yet — and make the turkey the centerpiece of your Thanksgiving table — with our tried-and-true top 10 turkey tips.
Get sample recipes on Cooking Channel from the new People's Pops cookbook, People's Pops: 55 Recipes for Ice Pops, Shave Ice, and Boozy Pops.
Chuck Hughes of Chuck's Day Off returns to CookingChannelTV.com with fresh episodes and hot, new recipes. Plus, food bloggers cooking Chuck's best recipes.
Theres nothing wrong with plain old wheat but curious cooks are dusting off the history books and cooking up ancient grains to add texture and variety (not to mention extra nutrition) to meals.