Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Win any holiday cookie swap with these five best holiday cookie recipes.
Bars and cookies are perfect picks for bringing to a bake sale.
Make coal-inspired cookies for people on your nice and naughty lists.
Instead of a gingerbread house this holiday season, use salty snacks to create a Holiday Pretzel Log Cabin that you can decorate with an assortment of candy adornments.
Ginger-cranberry shortbread makes a great gift, or brightens up a winter day with a cup of hot tea.
Make these impressive checkerboard cookies with step-by-step directions from Irvin Lin on Cooking Channel.