Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Win any holiday cookie swap with these five best holiday cookie recipes.
Bars and cookies are perfect picks for bringing to a bake sale.
Kourambiethes are Greek cookies that are a beautiful and delicious twist on a classic shortbread that make a great addition to your holiday menu.
Make peppermint cream and chocolate cookie sandwiches with this recipe on Cooking Channel by Todd Porter and Diane Cu of White on Rice Couple.
There's something for everyone in these nut, oat and chocolate holiday cookies from Cooking Channel.
Fill pistachio thumbprint cookies with black currant jam for a colorful twist on a classic holiday cookie.