Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Try Kelsey's 5-star recipe to make the perfect soft-and-chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Bars and cookies are perfect picks for bringing to a bake sale.
There's something for everyone in these nut, oat and chocolate holiday cookies from Cooking Channel.
Recipe for a cookie version of make-ahead Pecan Sticky Buns.
This update on a traditional South African crunchies recipe includes cranberries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate for the holidays.
Get the recipe for butter eggnog cookies from Cooking Channel, by Todd Porter and Diane Cu of White on Rice Couple.
Your favorite childhood lunch is now a tasty dessert treat! Homemade peanut butter and jelly bars are a great snack or holiday gift.
Learn how to make sleeping meringues -- the cookie that bakes itself -- with this recipe from Cooking Channel.