Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Nealey Dozier creates a southern-inspired holiday cookie recipe for Cooking Channel modeled after the cozy after dinner drink, Irish Cream and Coffee.
These double-chocolate cookies are spiked with vodka and filled with chocolate cream -- and also just happen to be gluten-free.
These boozy vanilla, walnut and cocoa balls are packed with half a cup of tequila and are dusted with both chipotle and cayenne powders.
Ground coffee and coffee infuse the sugar cookie dough and buttercream frosting in this recipe with color and flavor. Irish creme liqueur gives the frosting an extra kick.