Food People Picks: Top 10 Baker's Pantry Items
What you need on hand to make fabulous cookies, cakes, biscuits and other tempting baked treats.
- Baking Soda – leavening agent essential for baking and also cleaning and putting out grease fires
- Baking Powder – another leavening agent
- All-Purpose White Flour – makes pancakes, biscuits and so much more
- Whole-Wheat Flour – adds protein and fiber to baked goods
- Granulated Sugar – basic sweetener
- Brown Sugar – another cooking and baking sweetener
- Pure Vanilla Extract – a rich, nutty flavoring for many desserts
- Eggs – always have at least six in the fridge
- Chocolate – baker's and semisweet, plus cocoa powder
- Butter – unsalted
Win any holiday cookie swap with these five best holiday cookie recipes.
Bars and cookies are perfect picks for bringing to a bake sale.
Roger Mooking's peanut butter cookies are filled with giant chocolate chip chunks and salty roasted peanuts, so they've got that perfect salty-sweet, chewy-soft balance.
Kourambiethes are Greek cookies that are a beautiful and delicious twist on a classic shortbread that make a great addition to your holiday menu.
Turn a favorite pie into these adorable and impressive lemon meringue thumbprint cookies with this recipe from Cooking Channel.
Forget pumpkin spice. Try these gingerbread latte cookies instead
These double-chocolate cookies are spiked with vodka and filled with chocolate cream -- and also just happen to be gluten-free.