1. Cut steak into 1 1/2-inch pieces and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Chill in a sealable bag 4 to 6 hours.
2. Rinse steak under cold water, then pat dry. Grind the steak using a meat grinder with a 3/8-inch or 1/4-inch die. Grind the steak a second time. Combine the meat with the garlic and paprika and form into 4 (4-inch) patties.
3. Stir together the chipotle and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
3. Preheat a grill with a medium-high heat. Grill the burgers, covered, turning once, 4 to 6 minutes for medium. (Burgers will continue to cook slightly once removed from grill.)
4. Put burgers on rolls and top with chipotle mayonnaise, queso fresco, cilantro, and avocado slices.
Ian Knauer for Cooking Channel