Summer Fest: Savory Stone Fruit
We're teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we'll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you're harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
Instead of loading up on desserts, try incorporating fresh peaches into your dinner. Get inspired by this gorgeous Peach Gnocchi from 101 Cookbooks—just one successful example of peaches gone savory. If gnocchi from scratch is too time-intensive for your summer supper, we’ve got plenty more ideas...
For maximum versatility, make a savory peach condiment.
Or use peaches in a fresh, simple summer salad.
And even if you have peaches with dinner, we see nothing wrong with peach cobbler for dessert.
- Paula's Perfect Peach Cobbler on the FN Dish
- Peachy Party Foods from Alison at Food2
- How to Poach a Peach from Food Network UK
- Puttin’ Up Peach Pickles, Compote and More with Liz on Healthy Eats
- Todd and Diane of White on Rice Couple: Riesling Poached Pluots.
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: What is stone fruit, anyhow? Plus: Clafoutis batter revisited.
- Caroline at The Wright Recipes: Ginger and Vanilla Poached Peaches.
- Kelly at Just a Taste: Peaches Cream Cupcakes.
- Judy of Divina Cucina: Chocolate Amaretti Baked Apricots.
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Blueberry Peach Smoothies.
- Paige at The Sister Project: A Summer Fruit Whatchamacallit (not a pie, not a crisp, but delicious).
- Marilyn at Simmer Till Done: Cherry Apricot Pie with Ginger-Almond Crunch.
- Alana at Eating From the Ground Up: Stone fruit slump.
- Caron of San Diego Foodstuff: grilled peach parfait and coconut peach gazpacho.
- Tigress in a Jam: nectarine preserve with summer savory and white pepper.